I drive my wife's car as a named driver. Will I lose my No Claims if I continue?

By next February, I will not have had a car insured in my name as a policyholder for two years - even though I drive my wife's car. Is there any way I can still keep my nine year's+ No Claims Discount or do I just lose it? I may be driving my own car in the future and it would be sad, financially, to lose the NCD.

Asked on 21 September 2020 by Clive Barker

If you are both sharing the car, insure your wife's car in your name this year so you do not lose them. As long as you both use the vehicle equally, you can alternate between you so as to not lose your No Claims. NCD last for three years, so you should be okay anyhow.