What kind of chemistry do you have with your car? Love it? Loathe it? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks

Featured review

SEAT Ibiza (2008 - 2017)
1.6 TDI FR ST

reviewed by Peter Van Eker on 10 November 2017
Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

Great car cheap to run.

My 1.6 TDI FR Estate is the 2012 facelift model. It was a Seat ex demo with 3,000 miles on the clock when i brought it a year old from Crewe Seat for £11000 and is now done nearly 30,000m.
In that time i have had it full serviced once at 13,000m an an oil and filter change at 25,000m. I put 2 new tyres on the front at 22,000m and the rear will soon need changing at around 30,000. That is all i have spent on the car apart from 30 quid a year tax and £225 insurance and a split rubber gaiter on the steering.
The car is fast and sticks to the road and is a joy to drive. The back seats are a pain to put down as you need to push the driver and passanger seat forward first then back when the rear seats are down but you get a great load space. I had to buy SEAT roof bars as i could not find anything else to fit the cars roof rails, They are £200 but i managed to find refurbished on ebay for a hundred quid.
I get around 44mpg running about locally and 56mpg on a long motorway trip but i do boot it a bit.
Seat keep sending me letters asking me to take my car into their garage to be reprogramed becuase of the emissions cheating but hell will freeze over before I will let them get their grubby hands on my great car and turn it into a gas guzzling slug !

Go to this owner's review

Top 5 most reviewed models