Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Toyota Camry (2002 - 2006)

GLS

reviewed by Josh Mullin on 5 August 2020
Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

A surprising comfy car with loads of extras

Having been a Toyota owner for quite a while, I decided to buy something a little different compared to my usual Celica or MR2.
When I saw it the first thing that surprised me was the size, she is a big girl. I pulled along side my MR2 and the MR2 looked like a toy.
Driving her tho she feels nimble and quite quick, the handling is excellent. She is quiet while ticking over and at low speeds but when you accelerate the is a bit more grunt to the noise.
Inside you have everything you need, electric seats, a decent sound system (as standard), sunglasses holder sun visers have mirrors with lights, center console has ample space and storage, both back passengers and front have plenty of room, even if you pull the front seat all the way back you can still comfortably fit a full grown adult. The boot is big, it's not as easy to access as a coupe or hatchback but there is plenty of room.
Electric windows, electric wing mirrors, air con, again all standard, feels like you are sitting in a lexus but at the fraction of the cost is an amazing bargain. Shame they didn't do that well in this country because I know in others the Camry was King

Report as offensive