Are Nissan's petrol engines reliable?

I'm looking at buying a Nissan Qashqai for my father. He wants petrol, as he only does short journeys now. Are Nissan's petrol engines reliable?

Just one report of teething problems with the new 1,332cc Renault petrol engine in a Kadjar. The engine is shared with Nissan, Mercedes-Benz and Dacia but I think that's all they were. Avoid the 1.2TCe in used examples because that has had a number of oil consumption problems. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/renault/kadjar-2015/.../ And see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/qashqai-2014/.../ and