What petrol SUV/crossover would you suggest for the best mpg?

We're looking for a petrol automatic SUV/crossover with good mpg and fully spec'd for short daily use, with occasional long journeys. We are looking at the Volkswagen Touareg, Hyundai Tucson and Honda CR-V, but some are diesel only which we are wary of. We are in our sixties and looking for advice and ideas.

The most economical petrol automatic SUVs seem to be: Honda HR-V 1.5 i-VTEC Automatic 44.2mpg; Suzuki Vitara 1.4 BoosterJet ALLGRIP Automatic 42.3mpg; Mazda CX-3 2.0 120 Automatic 40.0mpg; Peugeot 2008 1.2 Puretech 110 EAT6 39.9mpg; Renault Captur 1.2 TCe EDC 36.9mpg. All the others use more fuel. More contenders in www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg