What 4x4/SUV has low tax and high mpg?

We have a 2014 Land Rover Freelander (15,000 miles) and a 2013 Kia Rio (22,000) on 17-inch rims (big mistake for country roads). We have a budget of about £20,000 and would like to change the Kia Rio for something higher and more accessible due to mobility issues. We've looked at the Honda HR-V because we want a 4x4 with low tax and high mpg. What other options do you suggest?

Suzuki Vitara S 1.4 BoosterJet 4x4. Under 130g/km and reports say 45mpg+. Or a Peugeot 2008 1.2 Puretech 130 6-speed with Grip Control.