My company only provide third party car cover - do I need to take out additional cover for myself?

My company provide third party company car cover only. Do I need to take out additional cover for passengers and myself?

Asked on 9 January 2018 by Kate Dew

Answered by Honest John
I would suggest you take out cover for yourself if you do a lot of miles, but your passengers do not need any as would be covered under your employer's insurance, unless it stipulates you are not allowed to carry passengers. Ask your employer for a copy of their insurance cover. It sounds like they are self insuring. If they are, risk to passengers will require them to have a separate insurer underwriter for that risk.
Similar questions
I know when selling a car the buyer has to have insurance, but this is usually only third party cover. All well and good for the third party in an accident, but I would be left with a damaged car and no...
I'm insured fully comprehensive. My father-in-law has a van with business insurance. Can I borrow the van or even drive the van under my insurance? My insurance states that I can drive other vehicles....
I have bought a new Kia Picanto. My daughter and son-in-law only have one car, so she would like to borrow mine occasionally. Her insurance policy says she is allowed to drive another car comprehensively...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer