My company only provide third party car cover - do I need to take out additional cover for myself?

My company provide third party company car cover only. Do I need to take out additional cover for passengers and myself?

Asked on 9 January 2018 by Kate Dew

I would suggest you take out cover for yourself if you do a lot of miles, but your passengers do not need any as would be covered under your employer's insurance, unless it stipulates you are not allowed to carry passengers. Ask your employer for a copy of their insurance cover. It sounds like they are self insuring. If they are, risk to passengers will require them to have a separate insurer underwriter for that risk.