Can I drive someone else's van on my fully comprehensive insurance?

I'm insured fully comprehensive. My father-in-law has a van with business insurance. Can I borrow the van or even drive the van under my insurance? My insurance states that I can drive other vehicles. Does business insurance only allow named drivers to use the vehicle?

Asked on 20 April 2018 by John Phillips

Yes, you can drive the van on your insurance, but be aware that this only covers you for third party cover and not for damage you may cause to the van. Your father-in-law could also put you on his policy to be insured fully comp as a named driver.