My wife's car is currently uninsured - can I drive it third party on my own cover?

We just changed my wife's car and, pending my daughter taking it on, my insurance company confirm I can drive it third party on my own policy. Can it still be driven if it doesn't have a policy of its own?

Asked on 9 January 2018 by LPG

If the vehicle you are driving does not have a policy on it, your cover will not cover you to drive it under the "extension of use" aspect of the policy. It must have an insurance policy covering it. All vehicles must now be permanently insured unless declared off the road.