What is the best way to insure a driver for temporary use?

My daughter is visiting us for a week at Christmas, what is the best way to insure her to drive my car? I do not mind if it is third party insurance.

Asked on 1 November 2021 by Stuart Paul

Answered by Sarah Tooze
I would contact your insurance company and ask about adding her as a temporary driver. Be aware that there may be an admin fee for doing this.
Similar questions
I have fully comprehensive insurance on my car and the policy document says I can drive another vehicle with third party cover. I need to drive my sister's car for a couple of days - she has fully comprehensive...
My parked car was crashed into by a drink driver at night, I was at home sleeping. The police arrested him for drink driving and criminal damage and arranged the recovery. My insurance (Tesco) is third...
I had never really thought about the insured indemnity value of my vehicle, but after a no-fault incident there is a strong possibility my car will be a write-off. As the third party is at fault will the...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer