Ask Honest John

Most recently answered temporary insurance questions
My wife is a foreign national and lives and works in Brussels. She has a current British driving license. Autonet insures me to drive my car but is reluctant to insure my wife because she is not "resident"...
My daughter is visiting us for a week at Christmas, what is the best way to insure her to drive my car? I do not mind if it is third party insurance.
I want to insure my Honda S2000, currently under a SORN, for short periods (4 - 6 months) annually. Are you able to advise me on any specialist insurers?
I have booked to hire a car in Australia and understand that it is cheaper to purchase collision damage waiver insurance through an independent insurer rather than through the hire company. Can you advise...
I am looking to buy a second-hand Jaguar X-type estate. Can I personally test drive the vehicle before I tax and insure?
My Land Rover Defender will be off the road for 12 weeks undergoing repairs. The garage has kindly offered me a courtesy car which I have to insure. My insurance company will cover me for four weeks but...
My daughter has been insured for one of our cars since she started driving. She's now 19 and has held her licence for two years without a claim or any offences, and is at University so only drives when...
I've bought another vehicle, and need to sell the old one, but I need temporary insurance to cover taking the prospective buyers for a test drive, etc. It will not be used on a daily basis, merely for...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer