Where can I get temporary insurance for a long-term courtesy car?

My Land Rover Defender will be off the road for 12 weeks undergoing repairs. The garage has kindly offered me a courtesy car which I have to insure. My insurance company will cover me for four weeks but no longer. I cannot insure it as an additional vehicle as I am not the registered owner. Do you know of any insurance company that provides such temporary insurance comprehensive cover?

Asked on 8 September 2010 by quest

Answered by Dan Harrison
Most companies only do short term insurance for around 28 days, though there are some companies that offer three or six-month policies. As you want as little commitment as possible (your repairs may take less time), you might want to consider the option of pay-as-you-go. You've then got the option to stop at any time: www.computerquoteinsurance.com/content.php?nav=33
Similar questions
My wife is a foreign national and lives and works in Brussels. She has a current British driving license. Autonet insures me to drive my car but is reluctant to insure my wife because she is not "resident"...
My daughter is visiting us for a week at Christmas, what is the best way to insure her to drive my car? I do not mind if it is third party insurance.
I am looking to buy a second-hand Jaguar X-type estate. Can I personally test drive the vehicle before I tax and insure?

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer