Can I get temporary insurance cover for a non-UK resident?

My wife is a foreign national and lives and works in Brussels. She has a current British driving license. Autonet insures me to drive my car but is reluctant to insure my wife because she is not "resident" in UK, I want to insure my wife to drive my car for the brief periods she is in the UK, Can you please recommend a company that could do this?

Asked on 15 April 2024 by John Heckmatt

Answered by David Ross
Your current insurer may not offer this service but many insurers do. We would suggest using price comparison sights to obtain several quotes or temporary cover specialists who are more likely to offer insurance to non-UK residents.
Similar questions
My daughter is visiting us for a week at Christmas, what is the best way to insure her to drive my car? I do not mind if it is third party insurance.
I am looking to buy a second-hand Jaguar X-type estate. Can I personally test drive the vehicle before I tax and insure?
My Land Rover Defender will be off the road for 12 weeks undergoing repairs. The garage has kindly offered me a courtesy car which I have to insure. My insurance company will cover me for four weeks but...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer