Which products have made it into the Honest John Kit gift guides for Christmas 2019? You'll be surprised... | No thanks
Ask a Question

My son is a U.S citizen - can he renew his driving licence using my home address?

My son is a U.S resident returning only for holidays and family occasions. Can he renew his shortly expiring UK driving licence using my home address? This would help to keep him insured on motor policies we currently hold.

Asked on by

Your son cannot register for a UK licence if he lives in the USA. Fraudulently renewing the licence will invalidate the insurance and risk a maximum fine of £1000.
Similar questions
How long before your 70th birthday is it possible to renew your driving licence?
My son, aged 39, has had a full UK driving licence since he was 17. He is a named driver on my wife's car as he travels extensively with work and is only back in the UK for four to six weeks a year. He...
I visit my daughter in UK for about three months each year, sometimes in two separate visits of about six weeks, sometimes for three months. I have a clean Australian driving licence and am aged 80. Buying...

Ask Honest John

Value my car