Does annual mileage make much difference to car insurance costs?

I wonder what difference quoting annual mileages makes to premiums, unless mileages are enormous. I only do about 9000 miles a year. Would quoting 10,000 or 12,000 miles make any difference?

Asked on 4 February 2019 by clavs

Yes it can, you are much more likely to be "commuting" traffic the more miles you do, and be a higher risk. The risk increase is proportionate to the mileage. The difference in cost if you quoted 10,000 miles (rather than 9000) would be a few pounds. Between 15,000 and 25,000 miles it will jump a lot more as each increase brings more proportionate risk: www.confused.com/campaign/affiliates/car-insurance...r