Our neighbour hit our car quite badly and won't pay for repairs - what can we do?

We just brought a new car and our old car is parked on our driveway, which we share with our neighbour. I've switched the insurance to the new car as we are selling the old one. Our neighbour has hit the uninsured car quite badly, we were told by another neighbour that it happened and they saw him drive off. When we approached him, he got verbally aggressive. What do we need to do to get him to pay for the repair work?

You need to contact the police and report him for leaving the scene of an incident without leaving his details. This is a breach of the Road Rraffic Act 1988, section 170: www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/170

You can find out his insurance company, using the Motor Insurance Database, and contact them directly. You can do that here: ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Alternatively, find a good FCA/CMR regulated accident management company, or a solicitor, and ask them to pursue the claim on your behalf.