Can I keep my no claims discount if I've moved abroad?

I've been living overseas for a few years but am not back in the UK. Before departing I held full no claims discount for a number of years and have maintained full NCD since but the level is capped at a lower percentage. Can you tell me which companies will accept my current NCD as I've tried a few that say no, and a specialist broker is being incredibly tardy providing me with a quote.

Asked on 3 May 2017 by Jacqueline McCabe

When you have left the UK, they only keep the no claims bonus for three years, once after that it reverts to zero. If you have you proof from abroad, some may take it into consideration , but I know of none that do. They only thing you can do is individually ring up each insurer and broker.