Can I get any introductory discounts based on my 50 years of claim free driving?

I have been abroad for some years and drive as the named driver on my wife's policy when in the UK so I don't have any NCB of my own. Now I have repatriated can you please advise if I can get any introductory discounts based on my 50 years claim free record.

Asked on 23 March 2017 by PCC

Answered by Honest John
Do you have proof of insurance whilst abroad? They may well give you full no claims if you can prove it. Your best bet is to contact a broker or direct insurer rather than use price comparison sites for your first year. They should be able best direct you to whether they will give you a No Claims Bonus or not.
Similar questions
I saw you mention to someone else that it may be possible to claim for future increases in premiums due to another driver's error. Its been my intention to keep all potentially insurable events a secret...
I was without a car for 25 months, although I drove my wife's car as a named driver and had no claims in that time. Previously, I had 26 years NCD and only Admiral would allow this because they allowed...
I recently leased a second car and own a 2010 Hyundai i30 outright. I would like to give the i30 to my wife, but she only has a provisional licence. Should I retain both cars and simply add her to the...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer