Ask Honest John

Most recently answered driving abroad questions
Post Brexit, what is the MoT requirement for classic cars exempt in the UK?
Does my 2018 Audi A5 S line with LED lights need beam deflectors to drive in Europe? I am told it has flat beam headlights.
You recently answered a question about driving in France. I gather for driving on French motorways you can buy a pass in advance which at toll booths lets you drive straight through the same lane as lorries,...
We're driving through France & Spain in July. Apart from the obvious, passport, driving licence, insurance etc, what will we need for driving in France then into Spain since Brexit?
Holiday in Iceland's winter! We have a choice of 4 cars as there are 6 of us plus luggage. Obviously the weather will be snow/ice, which, living in the UK I'm not used to driving in very often. Our options...
Do I need a Crit'Air equivalent sticker for Austria when driving in that country? I already have a German and French sticker ready for our trip.
My 2018 Honda CR-V is fitted with 245/45 R19 tyres. I'm planning to drive in Germany during December and so I need to buy winter tyres. When I looked in the manual it only spoke about snow chains fitted...
We are taking delivery of a brand new VW campervan and planning on taking it to Europe in September. The VW warranty provides breakdown cover in Europe for 3 years but I don't believe it extends to repatriation...
I am transiting through Spain later in the year and need to stop in Madrid overnight to catch up with an old friend. I have searched extensively on the internet but cannot find anyway of booking the necessary...
Do I need a Crit'Air vignette for my Mercedes EQA for Cherbourg and the surrounding region?

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer