Ask Honest John

Most recently answered driving in france questions
I am taking my van and trailer (with my Jeep on it) to France for the D-Day celebrations next June. My trailer is 5.5m long and 1.9m wide. The bed length is 4m. The wiring system has a 13-pin plug and...
You recently answered a question about driving in France. I gather for driving on French motorways you can buy a pass in advance which at toll booths lets you drive straight through the same lane as lorries,...
I travel to France frequently and among the requirements alongside a breathalyser and hi-vis vests is that is that drivers are required to carry a full set of replacement bulbs. I have just changed my...
Do I need a Crit'Air vignette for my Mercedes EQA for Cherbourg and the surrounding region?
Official advice is to place the French Crit'Air sticker on the right side of vehicle windscreen but for most UK cars this will impinge more than 40mm into zone B and won't that therefore be an MoT failure?
I want to buy a 1986 Citroen in France and drive it home. What documents will I need and what are the regulations post brexit?
I read with interest your article regarding winter tyres in France and wondered whether my Michelin Cross Climate tyres would be acceptable under French law? If not are snow chains acceptable?
I'm driving to Italy from the UK in my 2016 Peugeot 308. I will have to drive through France and Switzerland. Do I need to apply headlight beam deflectors or not? The car has a fitted manual adjustment...
As the registered owner of the car, I have received and paid a speeding fine in France. I was not driving nor was I in the car or country at the time. Do I need to tell my car insurers in the UK? I have...
If I take my car to France (it has to be done as will no longer meet ULEZ after April) do I need to register it there. And if so how long do I have to do it?

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer