Are Michelin Cross Climate tyres acceptable as winter tyres in France?

I read with interest your article regarding winter tyres in France and wondered whether my Michelin Cross Climate tyres would be acceptable under French law? If not are snow chains acceptable?

Asked on 11 October 2021 by

Answered by David Ross
Yes the Michelin Cross Climate is rated as a winter tyre - it should have the snowflake symbol on the side - as it's classed an M+S tyre (mud and snow). So these would be acceptable in the mountainous regions that now require it. Snow chains are also acceptable.