Can I get my car repaired at a different dealer under warranty?

I bought a BMW from an Audi main dealer. There is a fault on the car that they cannot repair. It is under warranty. Can I get it repaired by a BMW dealer and claim the cost from them? They have tried to repair the car six times and the fault is still there.

Asked on 18 March 2022 by Anthony O'LEARY

If the dealer cannot repair the car then they should offer to buy it back or pay another garage to complete the work to a satisfactory standard.

For your consumer rights, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-reject-a-car-your-cons.../