My son bought a car in 2017 I insured it in my name with him as a named driver - is this allowed?

My son bought a car in 2017 and I insured it in my name with two named drivers on the policy - myself as the main driver my partner and son as named drivers. Since then he has had two accidents which we claimed for. We got a phone call today wanting to know who bought the car and when I looked the logbook is in my son's name but on the insurance, I put it down wrong. Are we in trouble?

Asked on 27 January 2020 by liz

If it can be established that your son is the main user, then you have committed fraud. This is called fronting.