Our next-door neighbour keeps reversing his works vehicle into our wall - what can we do?

Our next-door neighbour keeps reversing his works vehicle into our two-metre high garden wall to provide him with security for the contents. Attempts to resolve have been ignored. We have clear damage to the wall. What can we do? Local Authorities have offered no help.

Asked on 16 September 2019 by Alison Anderson

Answered by Tim Kelly
Civil disputes are always a pain to sort out. I would have a solicitor write to him advising that he is damaging your property and that you are seeking compensation. I would outline his options to him. He can cease in his actions causing damage to your property, rectify the damage he has caused or you will be seeking compensation for the full restoration of the wall and checking the foundations. Contact your house insurer and see what legal assistance that may be provided with it.
Similar questions
My stepson's car was parked on his driveway overnight. After a storm, his car suffered £2000 to £3000 of damage by tiles from the garage roof. The car is undriveable. Can he claim from his house insurance...
Do you have a list of good car insurers? My premium has just been increased by 20% - which I think is rather unreasonable. No doubt you know of other insurance companies who are not quite so expensive.
My insurance on one car is due to renew shortly. It's a three-year fixed price deal. In January, I made a claim on my other car (mouse damage to engine wiring) with the same insurance company. I'm the...

Ask Honest John

Value my car