Ask a Question

I want to reject my car - can I withhold finance payments on it?

I bought a car on finance that had problems. The garage fixed them, so they said, but the problem is back. I have raised this with the finance as the garage keep fobbing me off, so I am rejecting the car. Do you know if I can withhold payments legally?

Asked on by

No, you cannot legally withhold payments or you could be blacklisted for credit and it may even affect your mortgage. You have to get a rejection and a refund agreed, even if it takes a court case to achieve this. Law here:
Similar questions
We bought a 2006 BMW X3 six weeks ago. It recently lost power while my wife was driving and it whines when accelerating. I called the dealership where we got it from and then took it to them to look at....
I bought 2009 Volvo V50 on 11 November and it went to my Volvo garage for a service on 21 November. Pre-service showed numerous faults, some serious. I have contacted the trader asking for my money back...
I bought a new Jeep Renegade via Carwow. Firstly, it was driven to my home, from the dealer, which I have since noted is some 240 miles away. This was never discussed. Bad enough but it the actual mileage...

Ask Honest John

Value my car