Can I transfer my NCD to my wife now that I can no longer drive?

I am the main driver and registered keeper of my car, with my spouse as a named driver. Can I transfer my NCD to her or can I still continue to insure car though I have been told to stop driving by the DVLA if she's driving?

Asked on 5 March 2019 by Mabozar

Unfortunately not. The NCD is not transferrable. You would have to advise that your wife was the main user, but if you are not fit to drive then you cannot enter into a contract of insurance. Make your insurer aware of the situation and see if they can take it into consideration.
Tags: insurance ncd