Can I transfer my NCD to my wife now that I can no longer drive?

I am the main driver and registered keeper of my car, with my spouse as a named driver. Can I transfer my NCD to her or can I still continue to insure car though I have been told to stop driving by the DVLA if she's driving?

Asked on 5 March 2019 by Mabozar

Answered by Tim Kelly
Unfortunately not. The NCD is not transferrable. You would have to advise that your wife was the main user, but if you are not fit to drive then you cannot enter into a contract of insurance. Make your insurer aware of the situation and see if they can take it into consideration.
Tags: insurance ncd
Similar questions
I bumped another car whilst parking. No damage was done and neither party claimed but I lost four years of No Claims Dicsount. Is this fair?
Yesterday I had an accident with a cyclist. I was at fault; I went into the back of him at a junction on a roundabout. I expected him to move as I had seen the traffic was clear to my right, so I moved...
I've been driving for 21 years and never had an accident until this year. I had 21 years of no claims discount, but it wasn't protected. This year I had two incidents, I was at fault both times. Now my...

Ask Honest John

Value my car