Citroen c3 1.4 HDI 2003 - starting problems but was fixed ?? - swaps

Hi all,

I have a 2003 1.4 HDI diesel C3. I have had the heater plugs changed and the card started perfect for 1 week. then back to being 3 long turns before it was stating. Had a computer report done on it and it said temp sensor was not working to tell the plugs the car was cold so had that changed and it stated perfect for 3 months. its now doing the same again 3 long turns to start. Surley the sensor should not have gone again in such a short time ? Is there a way to test in on the car ? it cost me 40 for the diognostics last time and just should of £100 to have the sensor replaced. any advise please ?

Thanks Alan

Edited by swaps on 23/10/2011 at 14:56

Citroen c3 1.4 HDI 2003 - starting problems but was fixed ?? - Railroad.

An HDi is a direct injection engine and is not dependant on glow plugs for cold starting. Their purpose is to reduce diesel knock and improve emissions when the engine is running cold. However they do switch on for preheating when the outside air temperature is very cold, normally just above freezing. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Hi, The car ran perfect for 3 months. always stated as soon as the key was turned after the water temp sensor was changed I cannot see how the problem would be elsewhere when changing that solvered the problem for 3 months ?

Alan