How do I register for the ULEZ zone in Madrid?

I am transiting through Spain later in the year and need to stop in Madrid overnight to catch up with an old friend. I have searched extensively on the internet but cannot find anyway of booking the necessary display badge to be able to enter the LEZ zone.

I have a 2017 diesel, do you have any information on how I go about pre-registering?

Asked on 2 August 2023 by Yegodsandlittlefish

Answered by David Ross
To enter the low emission zone in Madrid with a foreign vehicle you first need to register with the authorities - you can do that here:

The regulations require Euro 4 or better for diesel cars, so as your car is a 2017 diesel it should comfortably meet these requirements.
Similar questions
Hi, I am having to change my beloved Volvo D4 for a ULEZ compliant car. If I buy a Euro 6 compliant vehicle, is the Mayor likely to change the criteria for vehicles and their emissions in the coming years...
I have a 1995 Mercedes W124 convertible. I love the car but it is not ULEZ compliant. I have recently seen the same model and year for sale that is stated as ULEZ compliant and I have checked against its...
My daughter has a Merc ML250 Bluetech which has a euro 6 engine and shows emissions of 163 gms/ 100 on the V5C. According to Merc forums many other owners have challenged the compliance status with TFL...