Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - woody1981

I've been a muppet and misfuelled my focus.

I realised after about a mile when the engine was juddery, but still going, just. I had it towed and the tank drained. I then read on tinternet how much it could cost and panicked and called my insurance company. They said they would pay out, but my no claims discount was gone. Since then it started sounding okay and is now with the garage, being sent to the ford dealer.

Have I just wasted my NCD? Or is it a big job?

Any advice welcome

Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - Collos25

In my opinion you have wasted your no claims I reckon every diesel car under the sun has at sometime been misfueled but your reaction is quite normal when you do it the first time. All these horror stories are put about by garages to get your money and by people who do not really know if you continually tried to run a diesel on petrol or vice a versa you would cause some damage but in your case I very much doubt you have done anything but give the injectors a clean.

Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - davmal

Don't worry the doom and gloom merchants will be along soon.

Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - bathtub tom

>>Don't worry the doom and gloom merchants will be along soon.

My TDDI died at 30K. I'd bought it second hand. Injector pump failed!

Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - fredthefifth

I did it once in a TDi, reckon the mix was somthing like 70% petrol. Drove home about 3 miles no problem but then wouldn't start a couple of hours later and relised what I had done. My local indy drained it, flushed it with something, refilled it, put some kind of addittive in and I did another 50K without a hint of a problem.

On the forum I used at the time I was told doom and gloom.

FTF

Ford Focus - Misfuelled Ford Focus TDCi - Collos25

My TDDI died at 30K. I'd bought it second hand. Injector pump failed!

So to thousands of others nothing to do with mis fueling just a rubbish unit.