7.5 T lorry failing to stop - IanJohnson
Lets treat this as hypothetical.

A 7.5 t Lorry fails to stop after an accident and someone gets the number.

Police ask the company for the drivers name and the company fails to disclose it. . .

The vehicle is subject to an O licence.

The qualified person named on the O licence is no longer responsible/involved in the transport operation.

Anyone tell me what offences have been committed (apart from failing to stop), and what happens next - i.e. who could get prosecuted and what effect might it have on the O license?
7.5 T lorry failing to stop - R75
Are you sure the person who is the competent named person on the licence is no longer involved? I am named on a number of different licences but don't work from the operators premises!

An operator has a certain amount of time to find a replacement person of professional competance if their current named person leaves - I believe this can be up to 6 months - but may depend on the company, size and the Traffic Commisioner themselves. There is really only an offense if they have omitted to tell the TC about the change or are running without a CPC holder for a prolonged time.
And this is making the assumption the company have a Std National or Std International, not a Restricted where they do not require a CPC holder.

If you need to take it further call your local (or the operators) local VOSA office and have a chat with them, or you could try calling the central Dept for licensing at Leeds, but currently they have a massive backlog so trying to get any sense out of them may take some time!!!!!
7.5 T lorry failing to stop - Dwight Van Driver
>>>>>>Police ask the company for the drivers name and the company fails to disclose it. . .<<<<<<<

The requirement to name the driver under section 172 RTA 88 falls on the Registered Keeper of the vehicle in the first instance where driver details are not known and the vehicle has committed certain offences (fail to stop included.) The requirement can be extended to any person who it is believed has information as who the driver was.
Following the requirement being made then if not complied with in 28 days then offence committed, summons can be issued and if proven max fine of £1000, discretionary disqualification and 3 points.

Offences?

How long is piece of string.

Dangerous/careless diving.
Fail to stop
Fail to report.
Documentation offences, come oif which if disclosed will also be committed by firm.

dvd
7.5 T lorry failing to stop - IanJohnson
Thanks for the information.
7.5 T lorry failing to stop - local yokel
Having held a CPC I agree with DVD - the O licence is a reddish herring. The directors / company secretary of the company (if Ltd) or the partners, on whose behalf someone will be signing as Regd Keeper are the people to focus on. Clearly the transport manager should have the info., but they may not be the person on the V5.