SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - Grant Winters

This week our current insurer Direct Line has sent us a renewal. Nissan Micra 2007 up 63%, set Alhambra 2016 up 52%. We have more than 9 years no claims... Comparison websites have shown similar if not more expensive increases. Excess offered at over 50% of the original cost of the premium. Who can I complain to?

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - Steveieb

Direct Line have launched an Essentials range of their policies which may bring down their renewal premium considerably.

Also consider raising your excess if appropriate .

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - skidpan

Our Aviva policy that covers the Superb and the Fabia went up from £567 to £650 last November, a 15% increase.

The following month we got a letter and cheque for £114 because of a mistake.

So ours actually dropped form £567 to £536, a 6% drop.

Happy days.

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - John F

Who can I complain to?

Such sharp practice bordering on legalised scamming could be reported to the Fundamentally Complicit Authority, aka....

www.fca.org.uk/contact

...as I have done - see my similar post below.

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - daveyjp

Friend has just sold his Range Rover as insurance was going up 5 fold, to almost £5k a year!

Another family friend - retired. VW Golf £400 last year, renewal quote £800.

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - bathtub tom

Who can I complain to?

Apart from venting your spleen here, nowhere I know of. My car insurance went up 80% last October (the car and I were both one year older)and if it's similar this year I'll seriously consider giving up driving.

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - gordonbennet

Get like for like quotes from comparison site then contact DL and see if you can come to an agreement, we did that and we're now paying only slightly more than last year rather than a substantial rise.

Be fair when comparing, ie total excesses payable, i wouldn't personally claim for damage under £1000 so a £350/500 excess is fine, i also didn't expect them to meet quotes from unheard of insurers or from those with poor reputations.

SEAT Alhambra - Insurance premiums! How much has your gone up? - SLO76
My Direct Line renewal went up by around 50% too, but half an hour on t web soon had a quote that was lower than last years premium. Shop around, there are firms who are capitalising on the financial suicide the big names are suffering from. No one should renew with a firm showing such blatant greed, vote with your feet.