Honda Civic - Rattling sound in car from dashboard area - crxg

I'm going on a 1000 mile road trip next month so need my car in somewhat good condition. Recently I went over a pothole, a very bad one, causing £180 worth of damage by breaking the front suspension links. Or at least that's the damage so far. Initally something was rattlign under the car which prompted me to check it out after the pothole, it started straight away. However tonight after returning home from work I notice this noise (turn the volume up)

drive.google.com/file/d/1cw6o5z9vUXmYUQAG6i42oOL7y...g

It increases in noise when I accelerate, but seems to be coming from the dashboard and steering wheel housing. No increase in noise when i turn the steering wheel. Doesn't make the sound when idle. when i stopped turned the engine off and felt the dashboard it made a similar sound to the one made when driving.

The car is in for a service next week anyway so will tell them - what could it be? It's very annoying but I'm more concerned if something else has gone wrong with the car other than the suspension links after the pothole.

Honda Civic - Rattling sound in car from dashboard area - Will deBeast

Good luck finding it.

I bought a Mazda MX-5 in 2011. It was plagued with a cabin rattle from new. The dealer tried a couple of times, and even took the dash out. No improvement.

I tried loads of sound deadening and different things over the years, with limited success, There were areas in the cabin I could press and the rattle would diminish. Sometimes for a whole week!

Then in 2021, the EGR light came on. I needed to strip quite a few items out of the engine bay to get in and change the motor. Afterwards, the rattle was gone! I suspect it was the strut brace. But who knows.

Edited by Will deBeast on 20/05/2023 at 04:44

Honda Civic - Rattling sound in car from dashboard area - _

Refer to earlier post with same question

ORB Mod

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=181047