Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - civicpride2056

I'm going on a 1000 mile road trip in just over a month . Today whilst on a country lane in Essex I hit a huge pothole. Only at 10mph. So deep my car almost sunk in it. Came out to inspect it expecting heavy aesthetic damage but none visible. Now just a rattling noise. Seems to be closest to the front of the car. What could it be, coils snap! Had a brief look under the car and some part of the exhaust looked loose. ..

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - Adampr

Well, I suppose the rattling is most likely that part of the exhaust... Probably worth taking it to a garage where they can lift it and have a good poke around. Don't forget to send the bill to Essex County Council.

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - civicpride2056

How much to fix?

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - Adampr

How much to fix?

That would depend somewhat on what's broken.

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - Engineer Andy

Well, I suppose the rattling is most likely that part of the exhaust... Probably worth taking it to a garage where they can lift it and have a good poke around. Don't forget to send the bill to Essex County Council.

That bill will only be able to be claimed back if some nice person reported the offending pothole 2 (?) days or more before the incident, and normally the type of road (main, side, country lane etc) may also be pertinent, because it would depend upon whether avoiding action needs and can be safely taken.

The OP would need to check on the council's highway fault reporting website to see if and when any such fault was reported, or on Fixmystreet (is that the correct name?) website, which apparently has a similar level of legal standing, as such info is supposedly pass on or viewed by council staff across the UK.

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - bathtub tom

Fixmystreet (is that the correct name?) website, which apparently has a similar level of legal standing, as such info is supposedly pass on or viewed by council staff across the UK.

Not round here, the council don't recognise problems reported on fixmystreet and make you jump through hoops to report it on their website.

I used to use fixmystreet, but now I persevere just to be awkward!

Honda civic - Car hit very large pothole. Now rattling noise - Big John

Your car needs to be urgently checked out on a ramp in case something safety related has been damaged.