A driver who couldn't stop in the snow hit my van - is he wholly liable?

I was traveling up a hill in snow doing 18mph recently. A pickup truck, which was coming down the hill too quickly, couldn’t stop and went up verge - then back down into the rear of my van. He is claiming partial liability, or ‘knock for knock’. Is this right?

Tell your insurer that you find the other party wholly liable for the incident. Why people keeping thinking if they say 50/50 or "knock for knock" will not affect them is beyond me, it affects both parties negatively by equal amounts. He should be able to stop in the distance he can see relative to the conditions, which he clearly couldn't.