If I report health issues to my insurer, will this affect my policy?

My consultant has recommended I report issues with tiredness to the DVLA. Will this affect my insurance?

Asked on 25 January 2018 by Tips

It depends on what the underlying health issue is. If it's an issue like Narcolepsy or Diabetes, or if you've had a stroke, then you would need to notify your insurer. If it's just general tiredness, then you do not need to contact them. If you are seeing a consultant, it must be serious though. Without being specific, it's hard to answer. If you're unsure, speak to your insurer and ask their advice.