My son and his Australian wife are visiting for a month - how do we get them insured on my car?

My son, with British passport, and his wife, with Australian passport and driving licence, are visiting the UK in December. The plan was for them to use my vehicle while they are here but my insurer will only cover them for two weeks, and will double the charge because one of them is holding an Australian licence. Do you have any suggestions on how to get them covered for the full month?

Asked on 8 November 2017 by Greybeard Eccosse

You have a couple of options. What you could do is cover for two weeks, take a day off, and then recover again for two weeks. Most insurers should not have an issue with this. Depends on the insurer. The alternative is stand alone insurance cover on your vehicle from another insurer.