Third party are refusing to pay out after an accident - what do I do?

I had a no fault accident and my insurance passed me onto an management company, who provided a replacement hire vehicle so I could keep working. Now third party are refusing to discharge the payment. What do I do?

Asked on 21 August 2017 by Pamela Gray

Answered by Tim Kelly
Issue proceedings on the at fault insurer. If you haven't got legal representation, contact a reputable claims management company or solicitor. If the replacement vehicle was a credit hire vehicle, rather than a hire vehicle, then the company you used should do everything for you.
Similar questions
I was involved in a car accident last year and the other party admitted liability. His insurance company rang and confirmed liability both to me and my insurers. My insurance duly paid for all the repairs...
While parked in a supermarket car park, the rear of my car was hit by a lady driving into to the space to my right. The driver of the vehicle parked in the bay to her right witnessed the accident and I...
Your excellent column in Saturday's Telegraph exposes some serious issues, exemplified by MM of Hawick (13-08-11). Can you recommend a best procedure for dealing with an incident which requires car recovery...

Value my car