I'm a named driver on my mum's policy - will a no fault accident in my own car affect her premium?

I renewed and paid for my mother's car insurance policy about two weeks before the start date. I'm a named driver on the policy but rarely drive the car. Between paying for the policy and it starting, I had a no fault accident. Should I now ring up the insurer to advise or is it irrelevant since the policy was set up and paid for even though not started?

Asked on 18 July 2017 by Jonathan Binnington

Always declare everything as a rule. Never ever provide the insurer with the opportunity to not fulfil their contract. Make them aware the incident is not your fault though. Should your mum's premium go up as a result make sure you claim this from the at fault party.