What recourse do I have for a fraudulent service history?

I have just privately bought an Audi A4. One reason for buying was service book check-boxes ticked and stamped by main dealer, including toothed belt at 50,000 miles. Upon checking with main dealer they have confirmed that they did carry out that service but did not replace the cam belt, in fact their records show they never replaced the belt or water pump. So where do we stand? Somebody has fraudulently added a tick after the event. It's now at 110,000 miles and I fear imminent failure. Could you advise what recourse I have?

Asked on 27 February 2017 by skiddy

Small Claims for Breach of Contract. Private vendors are still bound by that.