Buying new SUV - Kodiaq, Edge or Tiguan?

I'm after an everyday SUV that will be able to tow a trailer and a large jet ski. The car must be large - capable of carrying four adults - and feature an automatic gearbox. I have shortlisted the Volkswagen Tiguan, Ford Edge and Skoda Kodiaq. Of my list of cars, what's your view on them?

Asked on 21 October 2016 by Emilio1

The 3008 2.0 180 diesel auto has a maximum towing weight of 1700kg, but the 2.0 150 manual can tug 2000kg. Comprehensive test and specs here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/peugeot/peugeot-30.../

The SEAT Ateca with the new high torque wet clutch seven-speed DSG is a contender: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/seat/seat-ateca-20.../

We'll be testing the Kodiak soon and that will have the same drivetrains (with the exception of the 1.0TSI). The autoboxes spoil the otherwise impressive KIA Sorento, KIA Sportage, Hyundai Tucson and Hyundai Santa Fe. I drove the Edge about a month ago and didn't like it, but our tester thought differently: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ford/ford-edge-20-.../

Expensive new Tiguan that also gets the new seven-speed wet clutch DSG here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/volkswagen/volkswa.../ You could add the Mazda CX-5 to your list. Excellent six-speed torque converter auto.