Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Patchy used car history

I recently bought a Golf TDI auto second hand from a dealer.

I had continuous problems with it breaking down, so I looked into the history of the car and found it had been written off in an accident, but it isn't showing up on the HPI report. How can I confirm this?

Asked on 2 June 2011 by gem1

If it does not show up on HPI as a write off then it has not been written off. But it could have been badly damaged and repaired by a previous owner.