I've sold my car online - what's the best way to transport it?

How can I get my uninsured car to the car buying site's depot?

Asked on 2 November 2021 by Stuart Irving

Answered by Dan Powell
If you plan to drive the car then you will need to organise short-term insurance. The car will also need to be taxed and MoT'd.
Alternatively, if the car is on SORN (which it needs to be if it doesn't have valid insurance) then you may need to see if the car buying company will collect it. Or you will need to pay someone to transport the car on a trailer to the car buying site's depot.
Similar questions
My car has been laid up on the drive for three months because I have been in hospital. I have now been discharged but am not allowed to drive. We are heading for the worst weather of the winter, probably,...
I need to sell my mother in law's car. It has been off the road on SORN for the last year. I have now had an MoT test done again and the car has passed. Do I need to tax and insure the vehicle before being...
A family bought a property nearby and they obviously buy and sell cars from it. I've seen cars from the lot with adverts in the windows and they park them in the high street and drop them back later. They've...

Value my car