How common is catalytic converter theft on my car?

I am thinking of buying a new Lexus RX450h. Is catalytic converter theft a problem with these cars or is it solely a problem on older Lexus models?

Asked on 16 June 2020 by Al K

We haven't got specific stats on the vehicles more at risk of theft, but thieves tend to target vehicles that are clearly hybrids - which means recognisable brands like the Toyota Prius suffer more risk from cat theft. If you're worried, we have this top 10 of tips to prevent cat theft, including a catalytic converter lock: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-ways-to-preve...t