I'm 70 soon, how can I renew my licence when the DVLA haven't sent me an application?

My 70th birthday is coming up in June but I've not received an application form from DVLA to renew my licence. I also want to renew my C1 and D1 categories. How am I supposed to do this?

Asked on 6 May 2020 by chris rose

The DVLA is no longer taking paper applications due to coronavirus. Online forms are available for renewals (www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence-at-70). However, many drivers are reporting similar issues and delays with renewals from DVLA.

We've reported various issues that drivers, mostly those over 70-years-old, are having with licence renewals at the moment. However, the DVLA is yet to respond to our request for comment: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-04/coro.../