You guest it

I read recently of some drivers having difficulty in getting temporary car insurance cover for family members visiting from overseas. As my own insurer would not even discuss my requirements outside 30 days from the arrival date in the UK of my daughter (full UK licence) and son-in-law (full NZ licence) I switched to RIAS Insurance who offered full cover for both family members for their holiday duration in UK for a very reasonable premium. I thought your readers might like to know this.

Asked on 31 July 2010 by ML, via email

Answered by Honest John
Many thanks. I've added to the others at:
Temporary Insurance: Instant car insurance for 1 - 28 days.; Temporary Insurance for Export from France: Temporary insurance for overseas guests to drive your car:;;;
Similar questions
I got stopped in the week by a police ANPR patrol. It turned out some idiot at my garage had missed one digit when he replaced a cracked rear number plate. The police soon cleared matters up. While I was...
I plan to drive to/from Albania via Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Herzegovina/Bosnia, Serbia - not necessarily in that order because of boarder crossing restrictions between Serbia/Kosova. My fully-comprehensive...
Yesterday whilst stationary, waiting to join ferry at Dover my 3 month old Ford C-MAX was hit by a Polish lorry which seriously damaged and ripped the whole near side, including the wheels. As the damage...

Ask Honest John

Value my car