Can dealers suddenly just increase the price of their cars?

I'm looking to buy a car. I've found one I like, but due to coronavirus, the garage has now raised the price of it by £1000. My mum has also found a car she likes at the same garage and they have raised the price of that by £500. I've tried to make contact with the garage to ask them why the price has increased but have got no answer. Can they do this?

Asked on 26 March 2020 by Andrea Drinkell

Used car prices are predicted to rise as the supply of new cars slows due to factories and plants being shut: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro.../

The dealer can change the price of their stock, but you are under no obligation to buy them.