My car is delayed due to dealers closing for the Coronavirus lockdown - can I cancel my order?

I ordered a brand new Renault Captur on 10 February 2020. Deposit of £100 with a four year PCP. Expected delivery was mid March. The dealer will now probably close due to Covid-19. Salesman cannot give a date of when the car will be delivered. Am I able to cancel the order?

Asked on 24 March 2020 by Lynne M

You will need to speak with the dealer. If they are unable to provide a delivery date may be happy to cancel the order, rather than have you (and potentially hundreds more customers) on a huge waiting list with no solution in sight. For more car buying help during the coronavirus outbreak, see:www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s