I'm worried my new car will be sat around during lockdown. Should I cancel the order?

The Skoda dealer informed me that my new Karoq had been built mid March. My purchase is on a PCP deal. It is quite possible that delivery won’t be for months yet. I am concerned that the vehicle will be sitting idle for months. Should I be worried and can I cancel the order?

Asked on 2 April 2020 by Matthew Lloyd

No - modern cars can sit for months without any major issues. The car will go through a thorough PDI (pre-delivery inspection) before you collect it and you won't notice a difference to a car that's fresh out of the factory.