I have a UK licence, converted from a French licence - will I need to take a UK test to drive a motorhome?

I passed the driving test in 1989 in France and converted it to UK driving licence in 1998. I'm looking at motorhome and just realised my licence does not include C1 so they took the assumption my licence was passed after 1997. Do you think I have a case to get this addressed and fixed?

Asked on 17 March 2020 by reg

Answered by Dan Powell
I would recommend speaking with the DVLA, they may automatically upgrade your licence based on the fact you pass your licence in 1989. However, if the DVLA refuse, you will be required to take a test to get higher categories added to your licence.
Similar questions
I am over 70 years old - how heavy a trailer can I tow on my licence?
When renewing my driving licence at 70, I didn't apply to retain the right to continue to drive vehicles up to 7000kg. However, having enjoyed a motorhome for the last two years, I would like to be able...
I turned 70 in 2017 and renewed my driving licence by post as I wanted to retain my C1 category to drive a 7.5-tonne horsebox. However, for some reason, I no longer have the C1 on my licence. Can I have...

Value my car