I lost my C1+E on my driving licence when I turned 70, can I get it back?

When I turned 70 I only got a B+E, I had my C1 and C1+E. I am now 74, can I apply to get my C1+ E reinstated on my driving licence?

Asked on 11 April 2023 by Bruce Fleming

Answered by David Ross
The rules are that when you reach 70 years of age the C1 element of your licence is automatically removed, but you can have it reinstated if you have a D4 medical examination. Assuming you pass you can then contact the DVLA with your pass certificate and get your C1 entitlement restored.
Similar questions
I turned 70 in 2017 and renewed my driving licence by post as I wanted to retain my C1 category to drive a 7.5-tonne horsebox. However, for some reason, I no longer have the C1 on my licence. Can I have...
Can a twin axle motorhome be driven on a standard UK full licence at 77 years old?
I passed the driving test in 1989 in France and converted it to UK driving licence in 1998. I'm looking at motorhome and just realised my licence does not include C1 so they took the assumption my licence...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer